Bug #1777

Forumrules with newthread.php and newreply.php

Added by Jesse Labrocca over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:11/14/2011
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Tom Moore% Done:

100%

Category:Themes / Templates
Target version:1.6.7
Reproducibility:Always Database Type:
Reported In MyBB Version:1.6.4 Database Version:
PHP Version: SQA assignments:Nathan Malcolm
Browser:

Description

A few weeks ago I made a quick plugin to show the forum rules as part of newthread.php and newreply.php above the form input. Worked great. But I was noticing today it's also showing below the input area. A quick look in the admincp template "newreply" and "newthread" shows that {$forumrules} is part of both.

{$editdraftpid}
</form>
{$forumrules}
{$threadreview}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>

Well that's weird because I didn't put that there. Next I was like oh wtf this is part of MyBB. I'll deactivate my plugin and just move the {$forumrules} to above the input form.

Guess what..did nothing. More looking around. Appears MyBB added the template variable but didn't add it to newthread.php or newreply.php. An oversight I assume. A half-done feature.

Please fix. Would be nice to see them working. I know it's possible MyBB might simply remove it from template but worth a shot. At some point the intention was there.

If you look in newreply.php you see "forumrules" in $templatelist.

If you need me to write the code for possible fix LMK. Be happy to take the extra time to lock this down. Should be just a few lines. If you do make the changes I'll be sure to quality test.

History

#1 Updated by Spencer Swords over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Confirmed
  • SQA assignments set to Spencer

#2 Updated by Tom Moore over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Assigned
  • Assignee set to Tom Moore
  • Target version set to 1.6.6

#3 Updated by Tom Moore over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Assigned to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

Applied in changeset r5657.

#4 Updated by Nathan Malcolm over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • SQA assignments changed from Spencer to Nathan Malcolm

#5 Updated by Tom Moore over 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from 1.6.6 to 1.6.7

Also available in: Atom PDF